Trudeau listened when Canadians asked him to cut his beard – so when they ask him to cut emissions, why the delays?
The Liberals campaigned hard on climate leadership, positioning themselves at every opportunity as the party with the most credible climate plan. Now we need to make sure Trudeau works across party lines to turn his promises into action with an ambitious and concrete 100 day climate agenda.
New polling has confirmed that a majority of Canadians want the Liberal government to deliver on its climate promises or even enact stronger ones.
Will you join us in calling on Trudeau and all newly-elected MPs to make a 100 day plan for real climate leadership?
We’ll know their plan is serious about tackling the climate emergency when it includes:
- A plan to end fossil fuel subsidies. For real this time.
- A commitment to stop all new fossil fuel expansion, including the Trans Mountain pipeline.
- A commitment to emissions reductions of at least 60% by 2030.
- A restart of the Just Transition consultation with a clear timeline to pass this important legislation so that oil and gas workers have support as they shift into different sectors
- A clear timeline and strategy to implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s calls to action and the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
On top of this, a solid climate plan will avoid false climate solutions. It will protect forests (did you know that the federal government continues to allow the expansion of a massive industry that’s burning forests on purpose for fuel? More on that soon) and make a real commitment to clean up the hugely polluting shipping industry.